The Brentwood Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center will observe National Skilled Nursing Week, which runs May 9-15, with the theme ‘Together Through The Seasons’, in honor of the collaborative engagement of skilled nursing facilities and their dedicated staff who provide compassionate care to residents during the COVID-19 pandemic.
âWe are thrilled and grateful to celebrate this week being safe together with our amazing residents, their loved ones and our amazing care team,â said Carly Veiga, Trustee of the Brentwood Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center. âNational Nursing Week this year is very special as we honor the unprecedented commitment and resilience of our heroic staff and the special bonds shared with our residents and their families. “
During National Nursing Week, Brentwood will host a series of events and activities, including:
- May 9: Mother’s Day snack
- May 10: Fall menu and afternoon activities
- May 11: Winter menu with hot chocolate, gingerbread houses, snow cones and Christmas carols
- May 12: Spring theme with egg decoration, egg / spoon relay race
- May 13: summer fun with throwing water balloons, ice cream truck and carnival games
- May 14: Barbecue and music by Jim Moses
Established by the American Health Care Association in 1967, National Skilled Nursing Care Week, formerly National Nursing Home Week, offers residents and their families, members of the care team, volunteers and surrounding communities the opportunity to recognize the role of skilled nursing homes in caring for the elderly and disabled in the United States.